Wednesday 23 May 2012

Today's walk

Today's walk was something a bit different as it involved walking through the centre of Newquay town.  Now I don't usually like walking where there are looks of other people, generally I enjoy my own space.  I sort of wish I'd stuck to my normal plans as there were a lot of people around today, especially men in horrible shorts that are obviously on holiday (yuk *tries to remove image from mind*).


However, I did enjoy my walk in general and I took a few photos for your benefit.  They are from the mid-point onwards as I really didn't want photos of those men in those shorts!




World famous Fistral Beach with lots of surfers



The Gannel Estuary

As you can see, the weather was nice but we haven't had the sun that the rest of the UK seem to have had today.  Though I was definitely warm enough walking.

So, today's walk was 7.37 miles which I managed in 2 hours 10 minutes, still too fast really for training for Peru.

My exercise mileage for May now stands at 20.7 miles mountain biking, 12.7 miles hiking (with full backpack), 19.5 miles running, and 33.3 miles walking which equals 86.1 miles this month.

I wonder if I can get to 100 miles by the end of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment